25 de noviembre de 2010

Gracias

Hoy, día de Acción de Gracias en Estados Unidos, me he encontrado con un hermoso y algo delirante post en el blog de Dave Winer, en el que propone que vivamos como si hubiésemos muerto, y lo explica:

"Recently I read a story about the inventor Buckminster Fuller, who at age 32, despondent about business failures, contemplated suicide. He decided that instead of dying, he would live the remainder of his life as if he had died. I wonder if this sounds like a foreign concept to you, because it's familiar to me. In 2002, I came home from the hospital to a house that felt like it belonged to a dead relative. I recognized the possessions as mine, at an intellectual level, but they seemed from some other person's life, as I had recognized the things in my grandmother's house after she died. These things are all familiar, but the person they belonged to is gone.

"After such a shift your priorities change. Before that, I cared a lot about what people thought of me. I still do, but there's a twist. As I'm processing the insecure feeling that comes from disrespect, I remind myself that I'm gone, I'm dead -- the person they're dissing doesn't exist. Of course they forgot about me, I'm dead. I know it must sound weird, but that's where I'm at. If my Wikipedia page is wrong, well, no one is going to care after I'm gone, so ipso facto, no one cares."


Creo que entiendo lo que quiere decir: que demos importancia solo a lo que realmente la tiene, que nos preocupemos lo justo por lo que gente piensa de nosotros.

Pero creo que mejor aún es vivir como si estuviésemos vivos.

Y dar gracias a la gente con quien nos ha tocado en suerte compartir esta experiencia tan curiosa que es vivir y sin la cual, de hecho, la vida no sería vivible.



(Y aquí, en Spotify, la versión que me habría gustado encontrar en Youtube, cantada a dúo con su autor, Jorge Drexler.)

No hay comentarios: