29 de agosto de 2011

I'm a jukebox!

That's fucking right: I'm a jukebox, honey. And quite snob at that too...

:-P



You know I’m a jukebox, honey
But I ain’t got much money
Said you had song that you wanted to hear so I gave my change to you
When I heard that jukebox start I knew the cupid’s dart had missed its mark
If I can’t trust you with a quarter how can I trust you with my heart? 


[...]

It was still another week til payday
And I had a big old pile of laundry to do
I’d been saving my quarters for a wash and dry
But like a fool I gave them all to you

Well they say a decent man is hard to find
When your taste in music is as good as mine
And I just could not ignore what I already knew
When you said you’d never heard of John Prine
Well I knew right away you weren’t worth my time

[...]

You can call me stubborn you can call me a snob
You can even call me downright mean
But I’ve got the finest record collection
That you’ve ever seen


Zoe Muth and the Lost High Rollers, If I Can't Trust You With A Quarter (How Can I Trust You With My Heart?) (Spotify)

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Thanks a million for your insightful comments, Marcos. D.

grankabeza dijo...

You know me, desviviéndome con tal de iluminaros... ;)