5 de septiembre de 2006

...and what to say now of Espppaña?!

After praising the greeks for their impressive job in beating the americans, what to say now about my own national team?

I've spent the weekend with a few friends in Salobreña, and went (A and me, the girls were not at all into it) to watch the game to a bar. Mostly, because we didn't get the channel it was on at home, but also so we could share the emotion of victory (for there was no doubt we would win...:-P).

And so we did, cause Spain, without their biggest star, played an amazing game, beating the greeks from the beginning to the end: 70-47 was the final result.

A very good team was overwhelmed by an even better one, which played like a bunch fanatics so they could dedicate the win to their injured leader, Pau Gasol (they entered the court wearing a shirt that read "Pau también juega" (Pau is also playing)).

I know part of the emotion I felt came from the fact that it was "my" team which won, but I want to believe it stems mostly from my love of the game, as the "Golden Boys", as they are known since they won the junior World Championship in 1999, played by far the best basketball of the tournament, maybe the best I've ever seen.

1 comentario:

Ecumene dijo...

Mis Felicitaciones!

Vosotros estáis ahora los campeones del mundo ....

Grecia llegó cansada de batir los Americanos

Los españoles ...jugarόn también para el Pau Gasol ..lesionado

Aprendí sobre el entrenador que perdió a su padre pero no dijo nada a los jugadores
alma fuerte..