30 de diciembre de 2011

Hace un rato me he encontrado en Facebook con un artículo del New York Times cuyo título me ha llamado la atención: What we can learn from old animals. Tirando del hilo he acabado viendo este vídeo:


Elderly Animals: Photographs by Isa Leshko from Mark and Angela Walley on Vimeo.

Blue, kelpie australiano, 19 años


Aquí se pueden ver más fotos del proyecto de Isa Leshko, que dice esto al respecto:

I am creating these photographs to gain a deeper understanding about what it means to be mortal and to exorcise my fears of aging. I have come to realize that these images are self-portraits, or at the very least, they are manifestations of my fears and hopes about what I will be like when I am old. My intention is to take an honest and unflinching look at old age and I want these images to inspire others to become aware of and to engage with their own attitudes toward aging and mortality.

I also want my images to inspire greater empathy toward animals, particularly farm animals. It is rare to see a farm animal that has actually lived its natural life span given that most of these animals experience brutality and death early in their lives. By depicting the beauty and dignity of these creatures in their later years, I want to challenge people’s assumptions about these animals and inspire reforms to the treatment of farm animals.

No hay comentarios: