18 de febrero de 2009

Temptation

La original del jefe Tom:



La versión que acabo de escuchar y me ha llevado a "escribir" esto, por Clara Bakker:



Otra versión fantástica, también cantada por una mujer, Holly Cole, que le dedicó un disco entero al señor Waits:



Rusted brandy in a diamond glass
Everything is made from dreams
Time is made from honey slow and sweet
Only the fools know what it means
Temptation, temptation, temptation
Oh, temptation, temptation, I can't resist

I know that she is made of smoke
But I've lost my way
She knows that I am broke
So that I must play
Temptation, temptation, temptation
Oh, woah, temptation, temptation, I can't resist

Dutch pink and Italian blue
She is there waiting for you
My will has disappeared
My confusion is oh so clear
Temptation, temptation, temptation
Woah, woah, temptation, temptation
I can't resist

Tom Waits

No hay comentarios: